Crassula Tenelli (Crassula mesembryanthemoides) is a succulent species characterized by its green, elongated, teardrop-shaped leaves. Each of its leaves is covered by a fine down, which the plant developed to protect it from the sun. Learn all about Crassula Tenelli Care & Propagation (Crassula mesembryanthemoides) in this article.
Crassula Tenelli is a member of the succulent family Crassulaceae native to the Great Cape floristic region of southern Africa. The Crassulaceae family is the seventh-largest family in the arid succulent biome of the Karoo.
It is excellent as a filler in arrangements with succulents, due to its elegant and elongated shape. It also looks beautiful in hanging pots and rock gardens.
Characteristics of Crassula Tenelli
In a summary, here are some characteristics of Crassula Tenelli that make it different from other succulent plants.
- For growing in full sun and partial shade.
- Requires watering typically of other succulent plants.
- Can grow up to 12” (30 cm) in height.
- Not resistant to cold.
- Non-toxic to animals and humans.
- It can be propagated by cuttings and seeds.
With this information, you already have an idea of Crassula Tenelli Care, but now we will give you more details on the correct care for Crassula mesembryanthemoides.
How to Care Crassula Tenelli
Crassula Tenelli Care. Crassula Tenelli is an ideal succulent plant for decorating arrangements in pots, planters, hanging pots, or rock gardens.
Being a small plant, and because of its peculiar shape, it can add a fantastic touch to all your projects.
Crassula Tenelli Care. Crassula Tenelli is easy to care for. It does very well on its own, so it won’t require much of your attention.
Crassula Tenelli Care: Watering
Crassula Tenelli Care: Watering. This plant has the typical watering needs of most succulent plants. Well-drained soil is important for its healthy growth and preservation.
It should be watered only when the soil where it is planted is completely dry. For the correct care of Crassula Tenelli you should use this watering can.
- 💎1Pcs Plant watering squzze bottle; Capacity: 8 1/2ounce (250ML).
- 💎Made of high quality plastic for increased durability, you can squeeze lightly or more hard to control the pressure of the stream.
- 💎The surface of the bottle has scale marks allows you to control how much water is released. And the transparent body, allows you to check how much fluid left easier.
Crassula Tenelli Care: Location
Crassula Tenelli Care: Location. Crassula Tenelli grows very well indoors if it receives adequate sunlight. Place it in a location where it gets at least 6 hours of sunlight during the day, such as near a window that lets in sunlight.
It is not cold hardy, so if you live in a cold area or winter season, do not plant it directly in the ground. It is better to do it in a pot that you can easily move indoors.
Crassula Tenelli Care: Soil
Crassula Tenelli Care: Soil For proper care of Crassula Tenelli it is advisable to use soil that has fast water drainage and very good aeration.
- Organic cactus and succulent soil mix
- Professionally formulated for use with both jungle and desert cacti
- Provides the drainage cacti need to flourish; ready to use; pH balanced
It grows well in commercial soils for succulent plants with an extra addition of coarse sand or other material that improves drainage. Compact soils that tend to become waterlogged will easily rot the root system.
Crassula Tenelli Propagation
How to Propagate Crassula Tenelli by Cuttings
How to Propagate Crassula Tenelli by Cuttings. You only need to choose a healthy stem from the seedling. Remove the stem carefully, using scissors or a sterile cutting tool.
Leave the stem in a reserved place for a couple of days. When you see that it begins to shrivel and has dried properly, proceed to plant in well-drained soil.
Water the soil again only when it has dried completely.
To facilitate the rooting formation process, you should use a commercial rooting hormone (this is the one we used successfully many times) or you can make your own homemade rooting hormone (check out our article).
- FASTEST ROOTING POWDER FOR PLANT CUTTINGS: Hormex rooting hormone powder is a unique product that encourages the natural process of rooting new plants from cuttings. Please check the list of plant varieties and rooting powder strength in the product photos.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL GROW MEDIUMS: Accelerate strong and healthy roots with this root stimulator for plants that are excellent for all grow mediums like Rockwool, coco, peat moss, soil, clay pellets, and more. As an added bonus, it also helps prevent root rot and sagging cuttings.
- NO BAD STUFF: Our root hormone for cuttings is an excellent powder to use even on the toughest and hard-to-root plants, like juniper, grapes, tomatoes, and more. It is made with no alcohol, dye, or preservatives, which is especially important when plants are for consumption.
How to Propagate Crassula Tenelli from Seeds
Crassula Tenelli Propagation from seeds is quite simple. Just plant the seeds in the right soil. Well-drained soil will be the key to the success of effective propagation of this succulent species.
If you live in a tropical climate, you can sow the seeds outdoors. If, on the other hand, you live in a colder climate, you should grow the seeds in a protected place, using artificial light until they sprout. When the sprouts are strong, you can plant them outdoors.