It is easy to see Peace lilies (Spathiphyllum spp) in any home because they are grateful plants and Feng Shui allies. Peace lily plants bloom more than once a year and do not require very complicated or laborious care. However, sometimes it happens that our peace lily does not bloom anymore for some reason. In this article, we explain how to get peace lily to bloom.
Also, I summarize frequent questions from our gardeners’ readers When Does Peace Lily Bloom, How Often Does A Peace Lily Bloom, How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom, Why Isn’t My Peace Lily Blooming?
When Does Peace Lily Bloom?
When Does Peace Lily Bloom? The best thing about the peace lily plant is that it blooms all year round.
How Often Does A Peace Lily Bloom?
When Does Peace Lily Bloom? How Often Does A Peace Lily Bloom? All year-round, especially in spring and summer when it will be blooming continuously.
How Do Encourage Peace Lily Blooming?
Why Isn’t My Peace Lily Blooming? You may try to encourage peace lily blooming
How Do Encourage Peace Lily Blooming? It often happens that the peace lily plant is in a perfect state of care, but for some reason does not bloom. The question is whether a small nutrient deficit will cause the first thing to be lost is the bloom.
The slightest loss of that delicate balance of nutrients that the plant needs will cause no bloom. And I mention this as the first most likely cause because it is the easiest to correct.
You will also find in the following paragraphs of this article other causes that could be wrong with your peace lily and that prevent proper flowering. Therefore, we will also review all those peace lily plant care tips that can impact the flowering of this plant.
Flowering plants have other nutritional requirements that must be met to maintain proper blooming. How Do Encourage Peace Lily Blooming? You should use fertilizer, high in potassium, every 20 days or so. By the time it blooms, the peace lily plant will need extra food.
How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? To encourage flowering we will have to cut the dried flowers when they start to have a brown or dark yellow tone. Do this with a flower cutter and about three centimeters above the stem. Yes, it’s a bit of a pain to have to cut it off, but it’s the best way to get many more to come after it. When the stem turns brown, simply pull it off the plant carefully so as not to pull the surrounding branches as well.
We recommend fertilizer for your peace lily to bloom and have the necessary nutrients. (Order it here). We have tested it with excellent results.
- PEACE LILY PLANTS FERTILIZER: Npk fertilizer is designed to treat freshly planted peace lily seeds or existing large peace lily houseplant.
- COMPOSITION TO YIELD: 3-1-2 miracle ratio specialized for peace lilies will care for and grow clevelandii, domino spathiphyllum, mauna loa supreme, power petite, red peace lily, silk spathiphyllum, wallisii and more. Structured nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium liquid plant food provides real nutrient-dense application to soil and roots.
- USABILITY: Fall fertilizer can be easily incorporated into spath plant maintenance. Combine 1 teaspoon of solution per two cups of water. Use this mixture to water your Peace Lily once per month during months with plenty of sunlight (usually March through October). Optionally, use this mixture once per month from November to December, and skip January through February if the plant becomes dormant. Ensure species receives sufficient water and natural light exposure.
Why Isn’t My Peace Lily Blooming?
1. How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? Check Watering Problems and Suitable Substrate for Peace Lilies
How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? Check Watering Problems. If you are wondering “Why Isn’t My Peace Lily Blooming“, it is probably because some of its basic care is not being carried out: watering, light, humidity, pot size, winter rest, or lack of fertilizer.
Peace Lily demands a lot of humidity, but it also has a lot of drainage issues.
How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? Check Suitable Substrate for Peace Lilies. The right substrate will improve drainage and keep the right pH and humidity that your peace lily plant needs. Acid pH peat soil combined with coconut fiber is the finest substrate for Peace lilies.
- NATURE CARING COCONUT COIR BRICKS: Say yes to this coco soil. It is a lighter, more sustainable way of nourishing your plants. Our coco coir bulk is peat moss free, made from genuine coco husks, has low EC, is renewable & fortifies seedling growth.
- MADE FOR OPTIMUM AERATION & DRAINAGE: This coir for plants works like vermiculite to help your plants absorb water more effectively. Vivlly's coconut husk for planting also drains excess liquid to reduce oversaturation & prevent waterlogged roots.
- COCO COIR SOIL FOR HEALTHY ROOT GROWTH: Retain the essential nutrients needed by your plants with our coco brick. This coconut coir for plants is ideal for growing seeds & cuttings as it supports successful germination.
2. How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? It Has Not Adapted to The Room
How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? It Has Not Adapted to The Room. It is also very important how long you have had it at home. Let’s see why.
If it has been with you for a short time, think that in the nurseries they have optimal conditions that favor flowering, in addition to a person dedicated to them every day.
When you take it home, it has to acclimatize. Surely you bought it full of flowers, and it has been a few months without new flowers. Give it time, it needs to get used to its new environment.
Learn more about Best Soil for Peace Lily and How to Care in this article
3. Repotting Needed – It Needs to Be Repotted.
How To Get A Peace Lily To Bloom? It Needs to Be Repotted. If it has been with you for a long time and suddenly does not bloom, it may have run out of space in the pot and needs to be repotted.
If it is spring, it has all the conditions mentioned above and has not started to flower, you may need to fertilize it. As with all indoor plants, when the good weather arrives they need an extra shot of vitamins.
4. More Light
How to Get Peace Lily to Bloom. Getting the peace lily to bloom is not difficult, we just need to provide it with high light and humidity. If yours doesn’t bloom, I’m pretty sure it’s because it’s not getting the amount of light it needs. The peace lily is a houseplant easy to adapt to low light spaces. However, more light will encourage blooming.
Darkness has a deleterious impact on plant development, particularly the creation of buds and flower buds. The plant should be placed in a brighter area, but not in direct sunlight.
The key to stimulating its flowering is to place it in a place where it receives high indirect lighting, that has a warm temperature of around 68°F (20°C), and that you provide it with enough humidity so that it remains well hydrated.
I hope this article on how to get the peace lily to bloom will help you to take care of your plant and in case you don’t have one… Hopefully, it will be the push you need to get one!
Learn more about yellow leaves on peace lily. Enjoy peace lily blooms.
Learn more about Brown Tips on Peace Lily – Reasons and How to Solve in this article.