Aloe vera plants are certainly one of the most important medicinal plants in the world, being used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food industries. Discover in this post different types of Aloe vera plant.
As mentioned in a previous post there are many types of Aloe vera plant. In this post, we will name 10 of the best-known species.
Types of Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe juvenna is very similar to common Aloe vera (barbadensis), with the difference that it has a smaller size. Its leaves are jagged and have light spots. In winter it seems to die, but in spring and summer, it sprouts again with strength. It is often called dwarf aloe.
Also called the crocodile plant, Aloe brevifolia stands out for its striking leaves, which are pointed and have teeth on both the edges and the underside, forming a very striking compact pineapple. In spring, it produces bright red flowers in a narrow bell.
No products found.
The climbing aloe is indeed a climbing plant, which can reach sizes of up to 32 ft (10 m). This has narrow leaves with serrated edges and is covered with white teeth. It is usually used as an ornamental to decorate slopes, especially in very dry areas, where it grows without problems. It is fast-growing.
It is also known as bitter Aloe and is a variety of unique stem, which can reach heights of over 6 ft (2 m), giving it the appearance of a small tree. It is very popular for its decorative use and its great resistance and is characterized by flowering in winter, giving rise to its characteristic orange color of Aloes.
- LOW Maintenance & Stylish
- Rare finds like these may be limited in stock
- This succulent thrives under bright shade, meaning it can receive lots of light, but it does not have to be direct sunlight. In fact, watch out for sun burn marks and move the plant accordingly. It also only needs to be watered when the soil is completely dry. You can feel the dirt for moisture or feel the weight of the pot. Super low maintenenace plants.
Aloe maculata is another of the most popular and easiest to find and is commonly called soap Aloe. This small size plant reaches a height of 12” (30 cm) and sometimes reaches 39” (1 m). Its large and especially fleshy leaves are blue-green or reddish in color, with thorny edges and light spots. It is a type of aloe that grows best in a pot.
- Garden Uses: Beds and Borders, Ground Cov... Plant Family: Aloes Water Needs: Low
Also often called aloe candelabra, this variety can reach heights of up to 13 ft (4 m). Its fleshy leaves are green in color and have serrated edges. The flowers grow on a side stem and are very decorative due to their intense red or orange color. It is antibiotic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing.
- 1 Medium Large Aloe Arborescens cutting, no roots. (14"-16") tall
- Packed carefully and shipped the best way
- Easy to root in soil. Makes a great sympathy, housewarming or thank you gift.
Aloe barbadensis miller
This is the most popular of the aloes and is therefore known as common Aloe vera. It is the richest variety in medicinal properties and is used in the manufacture of all types of personal hygiene products. The leaves of the plant show white spots when it is young, but they disappear as it grows.
- Live Aloe Vera Plant
- Live Indoor Houseplant
- 4'' Diameter, Approx 8'' Tall
Aloe aristata is one of the smallest of the Aloes, its leaves forming a rosette that rarely exceeds 12” (30 cm) in diameter. It has large orange flowers, very useful in attracting pollinators. Its roots have healing properties.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: What makes us different is the passion and the attention to the detail on all we do here at Planet Desert. We are confident in the quality of our products, and that’s why all our plants have a 100% satisfaction guarantee! If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not.
- HAND SELECTED AT OUR CALIFORNIA NURSERY: Planet Desert is a family-owned wholesale/retail nursery based in Southern California. Every plant is specially selected, handpicked and carefully packed to guarantee that you will receive the best quality plants. We are dedicated to growing a wide variety of eye-catching cacti and succulents and are constantly adding, developing, and creating more products!
- UNIQUE GIFTS: We have brought together some of our favorite succulents, and an exclusive selection of cacti to create a unique experience. Whether you want to send a birthday present, surprise a friend, or just send a message to someone you love, it is the perfect gift for everyone from plant enthusiasts to beginners.
Also called coral Aloe, it receives this name because of the soft pink shade that its leaves adopt. It starts out green with a pink border and gradually the entire leaf turns pink. Coral is also called coral because of the striking red to the orange color of its flowers. It is also a small Aloe, although not as small as the aristata: the rosettes of Aloe striata reach 18” (45 cm) in diameter and their leaves have no thorns.
- We guarantee plant's safe arrival otherwise we will refund or send you a replacement plant
- Aloe striata is a beautiful succulent up to 18 inches (45 cm) tall and up to 2 feet (60 cm) wide, with rosettes of a few flat, broad, pale gray-green leaves that vary in color depending on the amount of sunlight. In hot full sun the foliage is pinkish and in more shaded spots they are often bluish-green.
- The leaves have notable dark narrow lines running longitudinally and toothless pale reddish nearly transparent leaf margins. In late winter into early spring emerge up to three 2 foot (60 cm) tall stems that branch and hold clusters of coral-red flowers.
Aloe variegata is very popular to have at home for decorative purposes, and this is as much for its simple care as for its small size, with leaves up to 6” (15 cm) long. It is a very beautiful and striking aloe, which is commonly called a tiger Aloe. Its inflorescence reaches about 12” (30 cm) in height, with a very beautiful pink or salmon color. Its flowers in winter and spring and supports indoor cultivation very well.