In this article, we are going to talk about what to plant in June in the garden and the care and maintenance you should do during that month. June is a month of a lot of activity in the garden, with a lot of new crops that will soon bear fruit.
In June, we will continue a lot of the work that we started in May in the garden, and that will have been very important for the success of your crops.
Growing plants is an activity that feeds the soul because it keeps the senses engaged in something that will produce fruits that offer life and hope. People who have a garden at home, always look for space to plant new plants and are aware of the planting calendar to stick to it and get better results at harvest time.
What To Plant and What to Transplant in June in The Garden
What to Plant in June? June offers the best chance of the year in terms of temperature and humidity, which means that we are going to be very busy in the garden, with the activity that originates in this month.
- Seedbeds: If they are already prepared, or you decide to buy them, June is a good time to transplant them.
- We can plant the following outdoors in June: cabbage, cauliflower, lettuce, chard, celery, zucchini, sweet corn, parsley, radish, red beets, carrots, bush beans, and runner beans.
- Transplants: celery, leeks, and late tomatoes in warm areas. Peppers, cucumbers, beans, watermelons, melons, eggplants.
- Harvesting: it is favorable to harvest chard, spinach, onions, celery, turnips, and radishes.
If you have given proper attention to your garden during the last 6 months, of course, you will have a lot of work because the harvest will be excellent, more than what we may consume at home, we recommend you to learn wonderful techniques to preserve food, and it is also appropriate to share with our family and neighbors. June is an excellent month for planting.
Garden Care During June
We have already seen all that we can plant in June, as you can see June is a month with many possibilities in the garden. We will now give you the best tips to take care of everything you planted in June in your garden.
Watering the Garden in June
The greatest demand for the garden in June is irrigation. Water should be used with scarcity criteria to have the availability of the vital liquid every time you need it. Not wasting is the secret and for that, a good irrigation system that optimizes this task is recommended.
This does not mean that irrigation should be sporadic. On the contrary, if it is manual, it will be once a day, if it is by drip, it will be two or three times a day and so that this activity does not become tedious, some alternatives that facilitate the work can be put into practice:
- If your orchard is extensive, of course, drip irrigation will need an irrigation programmer that regulates the amount and duration.
- In the case of a vegetable garden in your garden or balcony, you can have some pots with a ceramic cone filled with water, so that the water is released little by little.
- The time of the day you select for irrigation also influences the water yield, ideally at dawn or dusk when the heat intensity has already decreased, so the evaporation of water is minimized and water-saving occurs.
- This micro drip irrigation kit is suitable for an area of 160 square feet. You can water all your plants at one time with 200FT + 26FT irrigation tubing. Simple installation without digging or plumbing skills. Instruction included.
- The new garden watering system design 4x6-Way CONNECTOR can divide the water up to 16 tributaries, effectively increases the water pressure, perfectly solves the problem of lack of water at the end of the irrigation system. MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS.
- MIXC micro drip irrigation kit comes with 3 types of sprayer,the drip emitter can adjust different irrigation modes such as microdroplets, sprays, watering, etc. every water spray nozzle could be adjusted individually according to its setting and needs.
Beware Of Pests in The Garden in June
Intense heat attracts pests. In a short period, they destroy all the work you have done in your garden for so long. That is more than enough reason to attack them immediately and detect them to apply the necessary correctives through insecticides that do not cause damage to the ecosystem.
Pests colonize very quickly, so the use of insecticides for this type of pests slows their growth. At this time of the year, we see mealybugs, aphids, and geranium borers, which are so voracious that they destroy a planting in a very short time because they multiply rapidly. The best way to eliminate these pests is to use organic neem oil. We recommend our article about how to mix neem oil for plants.
Plant Diseases in June
In June, many plants can be planted, but pests also appear. Due to excessive watering and very high temperatures, fungi attack the plants in the garden and quickly make them sick. The best-known powdery mildew, recognized by its visible white coating on the leaves of the plants, weakens them to the point of annihilation. A black spot on the leaves recognizes the black fungus that appears by the blowing of the mealybug. It is then necessary to kill the insect and thus the fungus with the application of a polyvalence fungicide.
Other Garden Care in June
Another care that deserves your attention in the garden when planting in June is the nutrition of the plants. Adding organic nutrients to the soil helps them grow strong and healthy. Adding compost to the soil is very beneficial to the garden.
The work of trellising the vertically growing plants. It is a necessary activity that will allow, for example, tomato plants to grow properly and prevent them from breaking.
- 🍅What You Will Get: You will get 2 packs adjustable tomato cage, which includes 24 pcs plastic stakes, 24 pcs 2 buckles connect arms, 18 pcs tubes and 60 twist ties. These are enough for you to support various plants in your home in many growing seasons.
- 🍅Specially Designed: This plant support tomato cage is specially designed for plants climbing vertically, allowing better circulation between plants, helping the fruit to ripen naturally and increasing fruit production. Every connect arm has 6 notches for you to adjust the distance between two stakes. All plastic stakes have non-skid bumps to make plants climb better on the stand.
- 🍅Durable Material: These assembled tomato cages are made up of thick plastic stakes, PE solid tubes and PP connect arms. They are sturdy, durable and have long service life.
What Fruit Trees to Plant in June
What Fruit Trees to Plant in June? Fruit trees that we want to keep in pots can be planted at any time of the year. Such as kiwi, acerola cherry, European loquat, walnut, Fuyu persimmon, jujube, Tanaka loquat, and walnut. This group of fruit trees is an exquisite variety, innovative, and makes the orchard look beautiful.
However, June and July are the months to harvest the fruits you have been waiting for, such as pears, figs, and apples. For the following months, other fruit trees are added, whose harvesting transforms the orchard into joy.
We hope that our article on what to plant in June will be useful. We recommend you to use the search engine of our site to see what to plant each month of the year.