We have seen that many people who share the love for succulents are amazed and admire the large succulents and the truth is that, yes, they are impressive, but let me tell you that in the world of succulents size is not everything. In this article, learn all about Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata care and propagation.
There are a great variety of small succulents that compensate for their size with their incredible beauty and that is why today I invite you to know a succulent that makes true the saying: of the good little, this little plant has the name of Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata.
Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata is a very beautiful succulent plant. Anacampseros is easy to care for, although I share a few care tips that you will find useful, especially if you are starting a succulent plant collection.
Table of Contents
- Characteristics of Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
- Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata Care
- Anacampseros telephiastrum Care: Lighting
- Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Watering
- Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Temperature
- Substrate for Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
- Anacampseros Care: Fertilization
- How to Propagate Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
- Flowering Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
- Common Problems in Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
Characteristics of Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
- Characteristics of Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata. As I mentioned at the beginning, the Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata are small succulent plants.
- Anacampseros will reach a maximum height of 4” to 6” (10 to 15 cm).
- This succulent plant is a good candidate for small pots or planters where they can spread and create a beautiful view.
- Anacampseros is native to South Africa and belongs to the Anacampserotaceae family.
- Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata leaves are small and have a dark greenish tone. Sometimes and depending on the amount of light to which it is exposed its tone can vary to black or very intense violet.
- Between its leaves and very close to the stem we can see that small filaments or hairs develop, which make it have a “misaligned” appearance.
- The flowers only last for one day.
- Anacampseros Sunrise Succulents Small Cluster in 2" Pots. Pots may be square or round depending on availability.
- Change color in sunlight! More sun more pink, less sun more green. Anacampseros have pink, green, and yellow leaves. They will do well in a sunny window or outdoors in part sun. Lots of light will keep the leaves pink they can start off green when you receive them.
- Comes in a 2" plastic pot with our own blend of soil made especially for succulents
So now let’s review one by one the Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata care tips that we have to provide.
Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata Care
Anacampseros telephiastrum Care: Lighting
Anacampseros telephiastrum Care: Lighting. Our Anacampseros likes places where they are in semi-shade or with plenty of lighting.
If we provide them with this good amount of light Anacampseros will maintain their compact shape, and beautiful tones, and eventually with the right fertilization, they will bloom.
Anacampseros do not tolerate very well the direct sun. Therefore, keep in mind this when placing this succulent plant.
Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Watering
Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Watering. Like many succulent plants, this succulent is no exception and its roots easily rot in excess water.
Before watering consider checking the soil and make sure that its substrate is completely dry.
How often to water Anacampseros Sunrise during Autumn and Winter: Remember that in autumn we will begin to reduce the frequency of watering. In winter with watering once a month, these plants will remain perfect.
Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Temperature
Anacampseros Sunrise Care: Temperature. The Sunrise succulent plant grows and develops very well in warm environments. They do not like extreme temperatures either cold or heat.
If your Anacampseros are outdoors, just be careful if the temperature drops a lot in the area where you live. They do not tolerate frost. So, just be careful to keep them indoors if the temperature is not suitable for this succulent plant.
Substrate for Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
Substrate for Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata. For Anacampseros succulent plants is advisable to provide them with a substrate that drains very well and that does not puddle since they can easily rot with the excess humidity.
If you don’t specifically have these two ingredients you should substitute them with elements you have access to and assemble your substrate with that same percentage.
Anacampseros Care: Fertilization
Anacampseros Care: Fertilization. I suggest adding a fertilizer rich in potassium to encourage the blooming. This has to be done during its active period which is during the spring to summer seasons (Order it here).
In case you want to use a chemical fertilizer remember to dilute it, preferably use ¼ of the dosage stated on the label so as not to over-fertilize your Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata.
You should also use the always reliable tea or infusion of banana peel or chamomile tea twice a month during the active period.
How to Propagate Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata Propagation. Anacampseros Sunrise is easy to propagate from leaves, cuttings, and even planting seeds.
Anacampseros Sunrise Propagation from leaves. Remember that if you do the propagation by leaf it is only necessary that you choose healthy and strong leaves. Place them on a not very thick layer of substrate and leave them in a place where they do not receive the direct rays of the sun, only a lot of illumination. Wait for them to develop root and rosette.
If you make the propagation by cuttings or rosettes, being a very compact seedling I recommend that you take them out of the pot. Check the small plants, and carefully separate those that have roots. Once the separation is done you can plant them immediately in their new pot. To water wait about 3 days to allow the wounds that we could have caused in our plants to heal and not generate problems.
For the propagation by seeds, we need that our Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata to have flowered and are pollinated. Once happened we will wait for the flower bud to dry, and then we will take it to open it and obtain the seeds.
These can be planted right away in a humid and draining substrate. Remember that for your seeds to germinate you must provide them with sufficient lighting (no direct sun) and humidity in addition to a temperature above 68°F (20°C), in a few days you will see that small seedling will sprout.
Flowering Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
When Anacampseros Sunrise Blooms. Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata blooms in early spring.
Anacampseros Sunrise flowers emerge at the end of long floral rods. These flowers are small, and their size already open is around 1.2” (3 cm) in diameter and are violet or lilac-colored formed by 5 beautiful petals.
Their flowers do not usually last long (only one day) and open in the afternoon. So, keep an eye out for them so you do not miss their beautiful bloom.
Common Problems in Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata
Common Problems in Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata ‘Sunrise’ Anacampseros can become attacked by pests such as the cottony mealybug in conditions of high humidity, heat, and poor ventilation, so take care of these aspects.
We recommend that you check your plants periodically to detect the cause of any strange changes you see in them and help them.
They are also very susceptible to rotting and fungus problems due to excessive watering. It should be noted that if we keep our Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata in optimal conditions they will rarely suffer this type of problem.
The Anacampseros telephiastrum variegata is beautiful succulents that taking care of them properly will give an elegant and different touch to the space where you decide to have them. They are simply a beauty, so I hope you get yours and with our recommendations will be very prosperous in your garden.