If you have a small urban garden, the ideal is to buy a greenhouse that allows you to ensure that your crops grow properly at any time of the year. In this article, you will learn all about greenhouse for vegetable garden.
If you do not know how to choose the greenhouse that suits you, do not worry, we will give you information about the best greenhouse for a vegetable garden that exists in the market.
To choose the best greenhouse for a vegetable garden, it must suit your needs, that is to say, it is an appropriate size according to the space you have available and where you can grow all the plants you want.
Below we will offer you detailed information such as specifications and characteristics of different models of greenhouses. We will also talk about those aspects you should pay attention to before buying a greenhouse, so pay attention.
Comparison Of The Best Greenhouse for Vegetable Garden
With the idea of making your choice much easier, we present you a comparative through which you will be able to learn more about the different characteristics of the most recommended models of greenhouse for vegetable garden.
The Outsunny greenhouse is perfect to install in your garden, it is made of transparent PVC tarpaulin, anti-UV and waterproof, the structure is raised in coated steel which gives it much more resistance. The total measures of the greenhouse are 56.25 x 56.25 x 76.75 inches (143 x 143 x 195 cm) enough space for you to water your plants comfortably.
In addition, this greenhouse has a zippered door to keep the temperature stable inside, and it has 12 shelves where you can place your plants and gardening tools as you wish. Installation and maintenance are really easy.
The Outsunny Greenhouse is a great option to protect your plants from different external agents that can damage them. And best of all, it has an affordable price (Order here).
- WALK-IN GREENHOUSE: Our greenhouse protects plants and seedlings from the elements when needed. Enjoy fresh & healthy flowers and vegetables all year round with our walk-in design, as it offers plenty of growing space and ventilation for your leafy friends.
- SHELVING PANELS: Our plant nursery features shelves to give your plants and pots a nice home. This practical design provides more convenience for you.
- TRANSPARENT PLASTIC COVER: The tough, durable, transparent PE plastic cover of this hot house helps retain heat in the colder months while keeping your plants protected from the wind and rain. The steel frame and strong PE material ensure years of reliable use for many growing seasons to come.
Home-Complete Vertical Greenhouse for Vegetable Garden
The Home-Complete greenhouse has a steel structure that gives solidity to the base and plastic walls that cover it completely. At the same time, it is quite manageable, it can be moved from one place to another, and once installed it remains stable.
On the other hand, its walls are resistant to the sun’s rays and heat, which also helps the cultivation process to develop in the right way so that the plant gets stronger, even though it is not in its natural habitat.
This model has a height of 27 x 16 x 63 inches (156 cm; 49.5 cm wide by 70 cm) long and has four levels that offer ample space to place different plants. In addition, access to the greenhouse is through a door with zippers that can be opened completely and fastened at the top to take care of the plants with great comfort.
The Home-Complete vertical greenhouse for a vegetable garden is one of the best models available on the market today, as it offers great value for money which is perfect to finally have your growing at home (Order here).
- 4-TIER MINI GREENHOUSE WITH DURABLE SHELVING - The four sturdy greenhouse shelves are 27-inches-wide, have 14-inches of height spacing, and hold up to 24lbs each to provide ample room for trays, pots, or planters for small to medium plants.
- OUTDOOR OR INDOOR GREENHOUSE WITH CLEAR PVC COVER - This versatile small greenhouse has a clear cover with a roll-up door, helping you create an ideal growing environment for your plants and protect them from pests, frost, rain, dust, and other elements.
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY, REMOVABLE LOCKING CASTERS - The best small greenhouse for indoors should be both easy to move and fix in place, just like this portable greenhouse. Its greenhouse frame and shelves are also easy to put together with no tools required.
Portable Greenhouse With 4 Shelves: Nova Microdermabrasion
Another great greenhouse option is this portable 4-shelf model from Nova Microdermabrasion, perfect for small spaces such as terraces, balconies, and gardens.
This greenhouse for vegetable garden is easy to assemble, lightweight weighs only 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg), and can be moved comfortably, as it has 4 swivel wheels, two of its wheels have brakes for when you need to leave it fixed in one place.
One of the most important features of this greenhouse is that, although it may seem fragile, it is quite stable. Of course, only pots with medium-weight plants should be placed in them, it is not advisable to force them.
It coverlets the sunshine through and at the same time allows monitoring of the growth progress of the plants, protecting them from UV rays and cold winds. This model has two smooth zippers and a roll-up door for access (Order here).
- Nova 4 Tier Portable Greenhouse protects plants and seedlings from elements of weather and climate. Ideal for starting seedlings, protecting young plants or to get a head start or extend the plant growing season. Enjoy fresh, healthy flowers and vegetables all year round.
- 【Sturdy Construction】 The main shelves use high quality metal with powder coated, heavy-duty bearing net on each layer is strong enough to hold more seed trays, pots and plants growth light. Greenhouses are lightweight yet sturdy enough to ensure long-lasting use.
- 【Unique Design】Designed with zippered roll-up door for easy access and screened ventilation for optimum air circulation. Comes with PE cloth and non-woven fabric cover to accommodate different needs in various weather conditions. Giving your patios, balconies, decks and gardens a touch of green.
Laicky Mini Greenhouse Seedbed Greenhouse
Laicky mini greenhouse has a compact and simple design, it has a container with its lid, both pieces are made of plastic, and the lid is completely transparent to allow observing inside.
It works with a ventilation cover so that the seeds can obtain oxygen. It also has two slots that regulate the entry of air in case you want to place it outdoors, without worrying about water entering.
On the other hand, this container has dimensions of 7.28 x 5.71 x 3.54 inches (18.5 x 15 x 9 cm) and its weight is 0.18 lbs. (80 grams), so it is very easy to place and transport. This mini greenhouse is very useful to make seed sprouts emerge and then transplant them to a pot (Order here).
Worth Garden Greenhouse
Last but not least among the best greenhouses in the four-tier Worth Garden greenhouse is made of a highly resistant transparent plastic PVC cover that withstands adverse weather conditions.
Its high-quality design ensures that this beautiful greenhouse can hold up to 22 lbs. (10 kg) per tier, and has enough space for pots of various sizes.
This model is highly resistant and durable. It is also very easy to assemble, the plastic is very thick, and the double zippers work very well. No doubt, this greenhouse will fit very well in your patio or garden (Order here).
- 🔸DURABLE CONSTRUCTIONS: The construction of this small greenhouse is durability and rust-resistant, suitable for indoor or outdoor use. STEEL FRAME & CCOLD PROOF PVC cover (0.12mm) of the greenhouse kit provide maximum protection.Supports 23.4lb weight capacity per tier.
- 🔸EASY ASSEMBLY & STOREAGE:You can easily assemble with no tools required.Storage is a breeze too:The indoor outdoor greenhouse can be easily folded up and be put it in basement when you've finished using it. It only occupies a small area.
- 🔸PERFECT FOR HOMES OR BACKYARDS - You can place the portable greenhouse on a balcony, deck, patio, or encased porch.Green house for plants outdoor&indoor blends into the gardening surrounding
Palram HG5508 Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse
This solid polycarbonate panel greenhouse is UV resistant and thermally insulated. The greenhouse has a robust, maintenance-free aluminum structure that provides additional stability.
The gutter system allows efficient water drainage and the roof openings ensure optimal ventilation on hot days.
This is one of the most expensive models we have seen in this analysis of greenhouses for growing vegetables, but we can assure you that its quality is unique (Order here). This greenhouse is a favorite of expert gardeners in the USA.
- TWO PANEL TYPES PROVIDE ULTIMATE BALANCED GROWING CONDITIONS - Virtually unbreakable twin-wall polycarbonate roof panels protect from strong sunlight exposure while crystal-clear polycarbonate wall panels provide over 90% light transmission.
- STURDY THOUGHTFUL CONSTRUCTION WILL LAST A LIFETIME - Panels block harmful UV rays to protect plants from sun overexposure. The sturdy, oxidation resistant powder coated aluminum frame includes a galvanized steel base to add structural stability.
- STEP-BY-STEP DIY INSTRUCTIONS DESIGNED FOR HOMEOWNER INSTALLATION - Easy installation accomplished with sliding panels' assembly system. Galvanized steel base includes designated pre-drilled holes for anchoring (anchors not supplied) for additional stability. Single hinged door can be assembled as either right or left hand door to gardener's preferences.
What To Consider When Buying a Greenhouse
According to the opinion of experts and expert users in gardening, there are a series of aspects that you should consider before choosing among the different models of greenhouses that are available in the market. Below, we will tell you about them:
An extremely important aspect is the manufacturing material, since greenhouses are usually located outdoors, their structure must be strong to withstand the inclemency of the weather.
There are greenhouses made of different materials such as wood, others have a steel or aluminum structure and plastic or fabric cover, there is also glass, among others, so there are many options to choose from.
For plants to develop they need ventilation, so greenhouses must have a ventilation system, you can choose models that have integrated windows on the sides or mesh greenhouses.
Regarding protection, it is advisable to choose a model that has a strong structure capable of blocking any element that may affect the plants, such as rain, extreme temperatures, a lot of sun, or snow. As well as from animals that may want to enter.
Another determining point to choosing a greenhouse is its design, that is to say, the way it is distributed and its size, since it will depend on this if the model adapts to the spaces you have available, either outside the house or inside.
How To Use a Greenhouse for Vegetable Garden Correctly
To use a greenhouse correctly, its conditions and state must be permanently monitored, checking ventilation, humidity, and temperature levels according to the needs of each plant that is in it.
It is also important to make sure that rainwater does not accumulate on the greenhouse roof, as this could damage the structure. We must also pay attention to the effects that the sun may have on the plants, and we always recommend choosing greenhouse models that are made of material with protection against ultraviolet UV rays.
Greenhouses guarantee good conditions for the development of plants throughout the year, we invite you to consider these options and then choose the model that best suits your tastes, needs, and budget.
If you want to know what to plant in your greenhouse for the vegetable garden, we recommend our article about fast-growing vegetables for impatient gardeners.